North Dakota @ Denver
Regular Season Records: North Dakota 12-19; Denver 15-16
What to Know
The Denver Pioneers and the North Dakota Fighting Hawks are set to clash at 7 p.m. ET March 3 at Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in the first round of the Summit League Conference Tourney. The Pioneers will be seeking to avenge the 86-63 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played February 9th.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between Denver and the Nebraska Omaha Mavericks on Saturday was still a pretty decisive one as Denver wrapped it up with a 72-61 win at home.
Meanwhile, the St. Thomas (MN) Tommies typically have all the answers at home, but on Saturday North Dakota proved too difficult a challenge. North Dakota was able to grind out a solid victory over St. Thomas (MN), winning 82-74.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Denver is expected to win a tight contest Friday. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Pioneers enter the contest with a 48.70% field goal percentage, good for 14th best in college basketball. Less enviably, the Fighting Hawks have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.90% from the floor on average, which is the 10th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Denny Sanford PREMIER Center -- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pioneers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Fighting Hawks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out as a pick 'em.
North Dakota have won six out of their last ten games against Denver.
- Feb 09, 2023 - North Dakota 86 vs. Denver 63
- Jan 14, 2023 - Denver 78 vs. North Dakota 71
- Feb 03, 2022 - Denver 81 vs. North Dakota 79
- Jan 08, 2022 - Denver 93 vs. North Dakota 74
- Feb 06, 2021 - Denver 85 vs. North Dakota 81
- Feb 05, 2021 - North Dakota 85 vs. Denver 82
- Jan 23, 2020 - North Dakota 78 vs. Denver 71
- Jan 02, 2020 - North Dakota 82 vs. Denver 71
- Feb 23, 2019 - North Dakota 81 vs. Denver 63
- Jan 05, 2019 - North Dakota 80 vs. Denver 59