Marquette @ Seton Hall
Current Records: Marquette 15-5; Seton Hall 12-8
What to Know
The #20 Marquette Golden Eagles and the Seton Hall Pirates will face off in a Big East clash at 4 p.m. ET Jan. 21 at Prudential Center. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Marquette was able to grind out a solid victory over the Providence Friars on Wednesday, winning 83-75. The Golden Eagles' success was spearheaded by the efforts of guard Tyler Kolek, who had 19 points and six assists in addition to eight boards, and guard Kam Jones, who had 21 points.
Meanwhile, Seton Hall escaped with a win on Wednesday against the Connecticut Huskies by the margin of a single free throw, 67-66. The Pirates can attribute much of their success to forward KC Ndefo, who had 14 points along with eight rebounds, and guard Kadary Richmond, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and ten rebounds. Richmond's performance made up for a slower matchup against the DePaul Blue Demons on Saturday.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Marquette is expected to win a tight contest Saturday. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (9-4), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The wins brought Marquette up to 15-5 and Seton Hall to 12-8. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Golden Eagles rank fifth in college basketball when it comes to field goal percentage, with 50.20% on the season. But the Pirates have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.90%, which places them 31st in college basketball. We'll see which of these strengths -- offense or defense -- will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Prudential Center -- Newark, New Jersey
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $23.76
The Golden Eagles are a slight 2-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Golden Eagles as a 1.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Seton Hall have won ten out of their last 17 games against Marquette.
- Dec 27, 2022 - Marquette 83 vs. Seton Hall 69
- Jan 26, 2022 - Marquette 73 vs. Seton Hall 63
- Jan 15, 2022 - Marquette 73 vs. Seton Hall 72
- Feb 14, 2021 - Seton Hall 57 vs. Marquette 51
- Dec 17, 2020 - Seton Hall 70 vs. Marquette 63
- Feb 29, 2020 - Seton Hall 88 vs. Marquette 79
- Jan 11, 2020 - Seton Hall 69 vs. Marquette 55
- Mar 15, 2019 - Seton Hall 81 vs. Marquette 79
- Mar 06, 2019 - Seton Hall 73 vs. Marquette 64
- Jan 12, 2019 - Marquette 70 vs. Seton Hall 66
- Feb 07, 2018 - Marquette 88 vs. Seton Hall 85
- Jan 09, 2018 - Marquette 84 vs. Seton Hall 64
- Mar 09, 2017 - Seton Hall 82 vs. Marquette 76
- Jan 11, 2017 - Marquette 89 vs. Seton Hall 86
- Jan 01, 2017 - Seton Hall 69 vs. Marquette 66
- Feb 03, 2016 - Seton Hall 79 vs. Marquette 62
- Dec 30, 2015 - Seton Hall 83 vs. Marquette 63