Houston Christian @ New Orleans
Current Records: Houston Christian 4-11; New Orleans 4-9
What to Know
Get ready for a Southland battle as the Houston Christian Huskies and the New Orleans Privateers will face off at 5 p.m. ET Saturday at Lakefront Arena. If the game is anything like Houston Christian's 101-96 victory from their previous meeting in December, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The matchup between the Huskies and the Southeastern Louisiana Lions on Thursday was not a total blowout, but with Houston Christian falling 71-59 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one.
Meanwhile, New Orleans took their contest against the Lamar Cardinals on Thursday by a conclusive 81-55 score.
Houston Christian is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 3-8 ATS when expected to lose.
Houston Christian is now 4-11 while the Privateers sit at 4-9. New Orleans is 0-3 after wins this season, and the Huskies are 3-7 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Lakefront Arena -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Privateers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
New Orleans have won seven out of their last nine games against Houston Christian.
- Dec 30, 2022 - Houston Christian 101 vs. New Orleans 96
- Mar 02, 2022 - New Orleans 75 vs. Houston Christian 74
- Jan 27, 2022 - New Orleans 77 vs. Houston Christian 66
- Jan 07, 2022 - New Orleans 81 vs. Houston Christian 65
- Jan 15, 2020 - New Orleans 106 vs. Houston Christian 98
- Jan 05, 2019 - New Orleans 81 vs. Houston Christian 76
- Dec 30, 2017 - New Orleans 64 vs. Houston Christian 57
- Jan 19, 2017 - New Orleans 72 vs. Houston Christian 64
- Jan 16, 2016 - Houston Christian 73 vs. New Orleans 69