Howard @ Morgan State
Current Records: Howard 17-10; Morgan State 12-14
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Morgan State Bears are heading back home. The Bears and the Howard Bison will face off in an MEAC battle at 7:30 p.m. ET Monday at Hill Field House. Morgan State hasn't won a matchup against Howard since Feb. 1 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought.
Morgan State has to be hurting after a devastating 72-50 defeat at the hands of the Norfolk State Spartans this past Saturday.
Meanwhile, Howard bagged an 80-70 win over the Coppin State Eagles this past Saturday.
Morgan State is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
The Bears are now 12-14 while the Bison sit at 17-10. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Morgan State enters the game with 19.4 takeaways on average, which is the best in college basketball. Less enviably, Howard is stumbling into the contest with the 362nd most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 16.6 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Hill Field House -- Baltimore, Maryland
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bison are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Bison as a 3.5-point favorite.
Howard have won six out of their last 11 games against Morgan State.
- Jan 21, 2023 - Howard 88 vs. Morgan State 56
- Feb 19, 2022 - Howard 68 vs. Morgan State 66
- Jan 22, 2022 - Howard 91 vs. Morgan State 82
- Feb 01, 2020 - Morgan State 89 vs. Howard 83
- Jan 18, 2020 - Morgan State 68 vs. Howard 58
- Feb 25, 2019 - Howard 75 vs. Morgan State 69
- Jan 15, 2019 - Morgan State 89 vs. Howard 86
- Feb 05, 2018 - Morgan State 97 vs. Howard 61
- Mar 09, 2017 - Howard 68 vs. Morgan State 65
- Feb 13, 2017 - Howard 70 vs. Morgan State 67
- Jan 30, 2016 - Morgan State 83 vs. Howard 63