VCU @ Dayton
Current Records: VCU 12-5; Dayton 12-5
What to Know
The Dayton Flyers and the VCU Rams are set to square off in an Atlantic 10 matchup at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 13 at University of Dayton Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with VCU winning the first 53-52 on the road and the Flyers taking the second 82-52.
Dayton took their contest against the Fordham Rams on Tuesday by a conclusive 82-58 score. Dayton's forward DaRon Holmes II did his thing and had 32 points along with six boards.
Meanwhile, after constant struggles on the road, VCU has finally found some success away from home. They enjoyed a cozy 78-64 victory over the Loyola Chicago Ramblers on Tuesday. VCU got double-digit scores from six players: forward Jalen DeLoach (16), guard Adrian Baldwin Jr. (13), guard David Shriver (12), guard Jayden Nunn (10), forward Jamir Watkins (10), and forward Brandon Johns Jr. (10).
The Flyers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a seven-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought both teams up to an identical 12-5. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Dayton is second worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.6 on average. VCU has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the 11th most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 15.3 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: University of Dayton Arena -- Dayton, Ohio
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Flyers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
VCU have won nine out of their last 15 games against Dayton.
- Feb 02, 2022 - Dayton 82 vs. VCU 52
- Jan 05, 2022 - VCU 53 vs. Dayton 52
- Mar 05, 2021 - VCU 73 vs. Dayton 68
- Feb 09, 2021 - VCU 76 vs. Dayton 67
- Jan 23, 2021 - VCU 66 vs. Dayton 43
- Feb 18, 2020 - Dayton 66 vs. VCU 61
- Jan 14, 2020 - Dayton 79 vs. VCU 65
- Feb 16, 2019 - VCU 69 vs. Dayton 68
- Jan 16, 2019 - VCU 76 vs. Dayton 71
- Mar 08, 2018 - VCU 77 vs. Dayton 72
- Feb 10, 2018 - VCU 88 vs. Dayton 84
- Jan 12, 2018 - Dayton 106 vs. VCU 79
- Mar 01, 2017 - Dayton 79 vs. VCU 72
- Jan 27, 2017 - VCU 73 vs. Dayton 68
- Mar 05, 2016 - Dayton 68 vs. VCU 67