Akron @ Central Michigan
Current Records: Akron 11-6; Central Michigan 7-10
What to Know
The Akron Zips are 8-2 against the Central Michigan Chippewas since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Tuesday. The Zips and CMU will face off in a Mid-American battle at 7 p.m. ET at McGuirk Arena. Akron won both of their matches against CMU last season (60-56 and 57-56) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Akron simply couldn't be stopped this past Friday, as they easily beat the Eastern Michigan Eagles at home 104-67. Akron got double-digit scores from six players: guard Xavier Castaneda (23), forward Enrique Freeman (20), guard Trendon Hankerson (14), forward Sammy Hunter (13), guard Greg Tribble (10), and forward Amani Lyles (10).
Meanwhile, the Buffalo Bulls typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Chippewas proved too difficult a challenge. CMU was able to grind out a solid victory over the Bulls, winning 87-78.
The Zips are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. True fans might be the only ones betting on them, currently 5-10 ATS, to cover the spread.
Their wins bumped Akron to 11-6 and CMU to 7-10. In Akron's win, Xavier Castaneda had 23 points and five assists along with six boards and Enrique Freeman had 20 points in addition to nine rebounds. We'll see if CMU have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: McGuirk Arena -- Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $26.25
The Zips are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Chippewas, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Zips as a 7.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Akron have won eight out of their last ten games against Central Michigan.
- Mar 04, 2022 - Akron 57 vs. Central Michigan 56
- Jan 25, 2022 - Akron 60 vs. Central Michigan 56
- Jan 21, 2021 - Akron 81 vs. Central Michigan 67
- Feb 14, 2020 - Akron 80 vs. Central Michigan 67
- Jan 22, 2019 - Akron 70 vs. Central Michigan 67
- Jan 08, 2019 - Central Michigan 88 vs. Akron 86
- Feb 10, 2018 - Akron 69 vs. Central Michigan 63
- Jan 10, 2017 - Akron 89 vs. Central Michigan 85
- Feb 05, 2016 - Akron 92 vs. Central Michigan 87
- Jan 12, 2016 - Central Michigan 92 vs. Akron 81