Amazon's second Prime Day of the year, Prime Big Deal Days, is here, and that means top-rated bone conduction headphones on deep discount. The latest trend in fitness, bone conduction headphones let you hear your favorite music through your cheekbones, leaving your ears open to hear what's going on around you.
In addition to being a safer option for outdoor runners and cyclists who need to be alert to traffic, they're also a great option for swimmers; traditional air conduction headphones don't work too well underwater. If you're curious to try out the open ear technology, now is a great time to order a pair. Some of theyou can find are discounted by more than 60% during Amazon's October Prime Day.
The Prime-exclusive deals end at midnight tonight.Join Amazon Prime at Amazon
Get these Panadia bone conduction headphones for just $30
These Panadia bone conduction headphones pack in plenty of the premium features you want in a pair of bonephones at a price that's hard to beat. The 4.2-star rated headphones are just $30 (reduced from $55).
The budget-friendly bone conduction headphones offer a flexible-yet-secure silicone fit, Bluetooth connectivity and an IPX7 waterproof rating. That's enough to be sweat and rainproof, but these headphones are not appropriate for longer stretches of underwater swimming.
Why we like the Panadia Bone Conduction Headphones:
- The built-in mic automatically blocks out ambient noise for crystal-clear calls.
- Use multipoint Bluetooth pairing to switch seamlessly between Zoom meetings on your computer and your favorite playlist on your phone.
- The battery lasts up to six hours on a single charge.
- Its lightweight yet secure fit stays in place even while running.
Get over 30% off Shokz OpenRun Pro
Called "magic" by multiple reviewers, the Shokz OpenRun Pros are some of the most popular bone conduction headphones on the market. "You can hear ambient sounds and things like the skateboard coming up behind you, but can also hear your audio as if it was a high-quality speaker that's following you around," said one Amazon reviewer.
They're great for running in hot weather, too, because they keep your ears open and they stay in place even while you're jogging. These best-selling headphones have earned more than 9,300 5-star ratings on Amazon.
Experience the magic for yourself while they're on sale for just $125 (reduced from $180).
What we like about the Shokz OpenRun Pro:
- The comfortable, secure fit stays in place even on the move.
- IP55 water resistance means you can get sweaty or run in the rain without a problem.
- Two bass enhancers give you better bass quality compared to most bone conduction headphones.
- The battery lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge.
Save over $50 on the Mojawa Run Plus
The Mojawa Run Plus offers some of the richest, most powerful bass of any bone conduction headphone. Mojawa's BC05 Maglev-Bass technology that strengthens bass frequencies while a dual suspension anchor system offers an expansive soundstage across all frequencies.
These are also some of the only headphones with noise-cancelling technology. They're also swimproof and come with 32 GB of built-in storage, so you can load it up with thousands of your favorite songs. That's key; Bluetooth doesn't work underwater.
These high end bone conduction headphones are on sale for just $109 (reduced from $160).
Why we like the Mojawa Run Plus:
- Patented bass-strengthening technology and a dual suspension anchor system deliver a wide soundstage with rich, clear audio quality across high, mid and low frequencies.
- The Run Plus is one of the only bone conduction headphones with noise cancelling technology.
- 32 GB of built-in storage give you plenty of room to store hours of your favorite music right on your headphones.
Save over $40 on the Oladance OWS1
If you want the comfort and safety of open-ear headphones but you're not sure you're ready to hear sound with your skull, check out the Oladance OWS1 earbuds. These work like regular earbuds -- that is, by vibrating air instead of your skull. But they don't go inside your ear canal. Instead, it's a bit like having a high-quality 16.5 mm speaker mounted right outside your ear. Actually, it's exactly like that.
These 4.4-star rated open ear earbuds are on sale for $104 at Amazon now (reduced from $150).
Why we like the Oladance OWS1:
- Super-sized 16.5mm drivers in each earbud offer some of the best audio quality earbuds have to offer.
- The battery lasts up to 16 hours on a single charge.
- The wrap-around design ensures that these mount securely around your ears without covering them.
Shop more top-rated bone conduction headphone deals on Amazon:
- Get top-rated Shokz headphones for under $60: Shokz OpenMove, $55 with Prime (reduced from $80)
- Bone conduction headphones with a built-in safety light: Philips Go A7607, $149 (reduced from $200)
- A pair of bone conduction headphones for under $25: Purerina Bone Conduction Headphones, $20 with Prime (reduced from $60)
- Bone conduction headphones for bass lovers: Mojawa Mojo 2, $80 with Prime and coupon (reduced from $130)
- A pair of swimproof 3-in-1 headphones: Ray Jr Mall 3-in-1 Headphones, $84 with Prime and coupon (reduced from $120)
What is Amazon Prime Big Deal Days?
is Amazon's early Black Friday sale in October. Some are calling the two-day event October Prime Day or Prime Day Part 2 because of the size and scope of the sale. In 2022, this October sale was called the Prime Early Access Sale.
When is Amazon Prime Big Deal Days 2023?
Amazon's Prime Big Deal Days was expected to run through Tuesday, Oct. 10 and Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023. The sale started at midnight Pacific time.
Do you need to be a Prime Member to shop Prime Big Deal Days deals?
While some of the best Amazon Prime Big Deal Days offers are Prime-exclusive or invite-only, there will also be tons of deals that are open to all shoppers. So even if you don't have an Amazon Prime membership, there will be deals available to you.
If you want to shop the best deals, though, you'll want to tap the button below and sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime. Prime memberships costs $14.99 per month or $139 per year, and include access to Amazon Prime Video (Thursday Night Football) and a number of other great perks.Start a free trial of Amazon Prime
What else is on sale during Prime Big Deal Days?
The second Prime Day event of 2023 will kick off the holiday shopping season with early deals on thousands of popular brands and essentials like, , , , , , , home gym equipment, fitness apparel, shoes and more.
What other retailers are holding competing Big Deal Days or early Black Friday sales?
Amazon isn't the only retailer slashing prices this month. You can also find great deals on your favorite brands at other major retailers. Here are the top sale events we're watching in the coming week:
- Best Buy's 48-Hour Flash Sale is happening on October 10 and October 11, the same days as Amazon's Prime Big Deal Days.
- Walmart's Holiday Kickoff sale will run from October 9 through October 12.
- is running from October 8 through October 15.
The best deals at Amazon's Prime Big Deal Days event
- These October Prime Day 2023 fitness deals let you save on Apple, Bowflex, Flybird and more
- Amazon's October Prime Day 2023 deals on protein powders mix in Orgain and ON Gold Standard
- Get this Amazon October Prime Day 2023 deal on Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
Best Prime Big Deal Days deals on sports tech
- Amazon October Prime Day 2023 deals on the best TVs for watching sports: Samsung 'The Frame', Sony and Amazon
- It's time for Amazon October Prime Day 2023 Garmin smartwatch savings of up to 35%
- Amazon's October Prime Day 2023 compression boot deals will make you feel like the real MVP
Best Prime Big Deal Days deals on home gym gear
- We found the best Amazon October Prime Day 2023 full-body home gym deals: Save on Bowflex, Inspire Fitness
- Get an elliptical for half price: Amazon's best October Prime Day deal on elliptical machines
Best Prime Big Deal Days deals on sports equipment
More Prime Big Deal Days coverage at CBS News
- We found the best deals for Amazon Prime Day October 2023. Here's a list of the sale's top discounts. [CBS News]
- Black Friday is coming early this year. What you need to know about Amazon, Walmart and Target's plans [CBS News]
- Walmart has a competing Amazon Prime Day sale today. The deals on laptops, robot vacuums and luggage are epic. [CBS News]