Villanova @ St. John's
Current Records: Villanova 9-10; St. John's 13-6
What to Know
The St. John's Red Storm are 3-14 against the Villanova Wildcats since January of 2016, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. St. John's and Villanova will face off in a Big East battle at 7 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
After constant struggles on the road, the Red Storm have finally found some success away from home. They had enough points to win and then some against the Connecticut Huskies on Sunday, taking their contest 85-74. St. John's' center Joel Soriano did his thing and dropped a double-double on 19 points and 13 rebounds. That makes it five consecutive games in which Soriano has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Villanova sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 77-73 win over the Georgetown Hoyas on Monday. Villanova got double-digit scores from five players: guard Caleb Daniels (16), forward Brandon Slater (15), guard Mark Armstrong (14), forward Cam Whitmore (13), and forward Eric Dixon (12).
The Red Storm are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
St. John's is now 13-6 while the Wildcats sit at 9-10. St. John's is 10-2 after wins this season, Villanova 4-4.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Red Storm are a 4.5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Villanova have won 14 out of their last 17 games against St. John's.
- Dec 21, 2022 - Villanova 78 vs. St. John's 63
- Mar 10, 2022 - Villanova 66 vs. St. John's 65
- Feb 08, 2022 - Villanova 75 vs. St. John's 69
- Jan 29, 2022 - Villanova 73 vs. St. John's 62
- Feb 23, 2021 - Villanova 81 vs. St. John's 58
- Feb 03, 2021 - St. John's 70 vs. Villanova 59
- Feb 26, 2020 - Villanova 71 vs. St. John's 60
- Jan 28, 2020 - Villanova 79 vs. St. John's 59
- Feb 17, 2019 - St. John's 71 vs. Villanova 65
- Jan 08, 2019 - Villanova 76 vs. St. John's 71
- Feb 07, 2018 - St. John's 79 vs. Villanova 75
- Jan 13, 2018 - Villanova 78 vs. St. John's 71
- Mar 09, 2017 - Villanova 108 vs. St. John's 67
- Feb 04, 2017 - Villanova 92 vs. St. John's 79
- Jan 14, 2017 - Villanova 70 vs. St. John's 57
- Feb 13, 2016 - Villanova 73 vs. St. John's 63
- Jan 31, 2016 - Villanova 68 vs. St. John's 53