Louisiana Tech @ Texas-El Paso
Current Records: Louisiana Tech 6-4; Texas-El Paso 6-3
What to Know
The Texas-El Paso Miners and the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs are set to square off in a Conference USA matchup at 8 p.m. ET Dec. 17 at Don Haskins Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Louisiana Tech winning the first 64-52 on the road and the Miners taking the second 63-60.
Texas-El Paso found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 91-70 punch to the gut against the DePaul Blue Demons on Saturday. Guard Tae Hardy (16 points) was the top scorer for Texas-El Paso.
Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech entered their game against the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks on Wednesday without any home losses -- but there's a first time for everything. Louisiana Tech was just a bucket shy of a victory and fell 80-79 to Stephen F. Austin. Louisiana Tech's loss came about despite a quality game from guard Cobe Williams, who dropped a double-double on 23 points and 11 assists along with five steals.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Miners are expected to win a tight contest Saturday. Those burned by picking them against the spread on Saturday might want to keep in mind that the team has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
The losses put Texas-El Paso at 6-3 and Louisiana Tech at 6-4. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Texas-El Paso comes into the matchup boasting the 11th most takeaways per game in college basketball at 19.3. Less enviably, Louisiana Tech is stumbling into the contest with the ninth most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 15.7 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Don Haskins Center -- El Paso, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $40.00
The Miners are a slight 1-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Louisiana Tech have won eight out of their last 12 games against Texas-El Paso.
- Feb 17, 2022 - Texas-El Paso 63 vs. Louisiana Tech 60
- Jan 06, 2022 - Louisiana Tech 64 vs. Texas-El Paso 52
- Jan 23, 2021 - Louisiana Tech 73 vs. Texas-El Paso 55
- Jan 22, 2021 - Texas-El Paso 82 vs. Louisiana Tech 74
- Jan 11, 2020 - Louisiana Tech 64 vs. Texas-El Paso 61
- Feb 14, 2019 - Louisiana Tech 71 vs. Texas-El Paso 57
- Feb 22, 2018 - Texas-El Paso 74 vs. Louisiana Tech 72
- Jan 06, 2018 - Louisiana Tech 97 vs. Texas-El Paso 88
- Feb 09, 2017 - Louisiana Tech 62 vs. Texas-El Paso 61
- Jan 05, 2017 - Louisiana Tech 64 vs. Texas-El Paso 44
- Feb 20, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 91 vs. Louisiana Tech 80
- Jan 31, 2016 - Louisiana Tech 78 vs. Texas-El Paso 70